ULI San Diego-Tijuana is committed to developing the next generation of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) leadership and increasing diversity in commercial real estate.
The ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) scholarship program supports female college students or working professionals as they pursue a career in commercial real estate to develop leadership skills. To achieve this, it is important for participants to be actively involved, attending events and fostering relationships through ULI WLI Committee and other ULI programs (e.g., Young Leaders, Partnership Forum Group, etc.). This scholarship seeks to establish a long-term relationship with recipients.
Recipients of the 2023-2024 ULI WLI Scholarship will be selected based on the following:
- Commitment to a career in commercial real estate
- Commitment to leadership development with ULI Women’s Leadership Committee (meets once each month for one hour in addition to volunteer hours to help with other initiatives)
- Academic achievement (3.0 GPA or higher)** For current college/university students only.
- A recommendation letter from a professor or professional colleague
Recipients of the 2023-2024 ULI WLI scholarship will receive:
- $2,500 scholarship
- Complimentary (one year) ULI membership
- Complimentary registration to attend the ULI Women’s Leadership Symposium held in San Diego (in February 2024)
- Complimentary admission to one fee-based ULI San Diego – Tijuana event each month
- Mentorship opportunities with ULI WLI Committee members
- Completed online application form
- 1 letter of recommendation (from a college/university instructor or a professional work colleague)
- 4 brief essay questions responses (up to 250 words each)
- Current resume
- Official transcripts if in college or university** For current college/university students only.
- If selected, a virtual 30-minute interview will be requested in January 2024
Timeline for Application & Review (dates subject to change):
- October thru December 2023: Application period
- January 1-31: Applications reviewed and virtual interviews by WLI Scholarship Committee
- February: Scholarship recipients announced at WLI Symposium (recipients will be given an invitation to the event)