Where and how will we live, work, shop, and commute impacts the character and vibrancy of our neighborhoods. Yet, our students are rarely educated about the interactions of local government with our market economy, and how these forces join to create the built environment — the foundation for any informed land use discussion. Our program provides our future leaders with the necessary skills and understanding to meet the challenges of accommodating growth and improving quality of life. That is the power of UrbanPlan.
UrbanPlan has reached more than 53,000 high school and university students in the United States & Canada since 2003.
- 28 ULI District Councils and 4 satellites ran UrbanPlan programs in the 2018-19 academic year.
- UrbanPlan reached over 3,150 students in 137 classrooms at 51 high schools in the 2018-19 academic year.
- 18 universities ran UrbanPlan in graduate MBA, Real Estate, City & Regional Planning, and Architecture programs in the 2017-18 academic year.
- More members (2,500+ per year)–including trustees, governors, and product council members–participate in UrbanPlan than in any other national or local ULI program.
- Now in its fourth year, 107 ULI members engaged 320 public sector decision makers representing 175 jurisdictions through UrbanPlan.
- 1,609 volunteers donated over 6,715 hours to the program in the 2018-19 academic year.
Become a Sponsor
Contact ULI San Diego-Tijuana staff to become an UrbanPlan sponsor.