Healthy Places Winners
The ULI San Diego-Tijuana Healthy Places Awards recognizes real estate projects that support public health as a core component of thriving communities, design, and development. Unprecedented increases in the U.S. of chronic diseases such as obesity, heart and lung disease, and diabetes can be attributed, in part, to environmental conditions that encourage automobile dependence, discourage physical activity, and limit access to healthy foods. Through the Healthy Places Awards, ULI is working to raise awareness of the direct link between human health and the built environment and the health consequences from land use decisions and development patterns.
Healthy Public Open Space
Healthy Public Policy
Emerging Healthy Place
- Public Agency: City of Tijuana
- Contributing Organizations: Bustamante Realty Group, Cosmopolitan Group, LWP Group, Centro Ventures, Grupo Inmobiliario Bustamante, and others
Eat Better, Think Better – Building Healthy Habits
- Developer: San Diego Community College District
- Designers: SGPA Architecture & Planning, Miller Hull Partnership, Latitude 33, ID Studios, McCullough Landscape Architecture, Inc., Graphic Solutions, Inc.
- General Contractor: Balfour Beatty Construction
2017 James F. Sallis Visionary Award
2017 Nominations are now closed. The Winners were announced at the 2nd Annual Healthy Places Awards Gala. See the complete list of 2017 Healthy Places Winners.
2017 Healthy Places Awards Sponsors
Jackson Pendo Development