First, we will welcome our emcee for the day, Billy Grayson, Executive Director, Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance and Senior Vice President, Centers, and Initiatives at the Urban Land Institute's Washington D.C. headquarters. Then, we will convene two discussion sessions.
Session One: State of the Region
A moderated discussion among public policy leaders from our binational region. With serious concerns raised during our symposium events, we will delve into questions of what can be done from the public and private sectors. As we look to binational solutions, what are the top 3 priorities for the region in the next 5 years?
- Terra Lawson Remer, San Diego County Board of Supervisors
- Carlos de la Parra, Profesor Investigador, DEUMA, El Colegio de la Frontera Norte
Tijuana, BC, México
- Coleen Clementson, Director of Planning and Land Use, SANDAG
Session Two: Climate Risk & The Bottomline
We will conclude our event with a practical look at climate impact effects on access to capital, rising insurance rates and geographic “winners and losers”. The series of ULI/Heitman reports provide the basis to examine ways capital and insurance sources are factoring climate risk into their decision making.
- Billy Grayson, Executive Director, Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance and Senior Vice President, Centers, and Initiatives at the Urban Land Institute
- Laura Craft, SVP, Global Strategy & Investment ESG at Heitman
Town and Country Resort 500 Hotel Circle North San Diego, CA 92108 United States