Presented by LISC San Diego, the 2020 Inclusive Region symposium will bring together local and national experts to launch a multi-year initiative in the San Diego-Tijuana region.
Our world is changing at a breakneck pace. Now more than ever we must join together as a community for difficult introspection and collaboration for a better future.
For more than two decades, ULI San Diego – Tijuana has developed a reputation for provocative and educational programs focused on real estate, the built environment, and the principles of responsible land use.
We are launching a month-long series of virtual events that present a range of topics central to our latest initiative, The Inclusive Region: Facing Challenges and Opportunities in the New Normal. Attendees will hear from national leaders on four core tenants of this theme, including:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Public Space and Public Health
- Innovation and Leadership
- The Built Environment
Click here to register. You’ll receive a discount when signing up for all four.
Your support makes these events possible. Click here to view our sponsorship opportunities for the 2020 Inclusive Region symposium.
2020 Symposium Dates
Week 1 (September 29, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.)
The New Essential – How the public realm is saving our cities amidst pandemic
- Mike Hansen, Planning Director, City of San Diego
- Dr. Rubén Roa, Undersecretary of the Economy, State of Baja California
- Betsy Brennan, President & CEO, Downtown San Diego Partnership
- Moderator Diego Velasco, Principal, CityThinkers
Week 2 (October 7, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.)
Food, Shelter, Safety – Emerging innovations for critical societal systems
- Tida Infahsaeng, Senior Policy Associate, San Diego Food System Alliance
- Amy Denhart, San Diego Grantmakers / YIGBY Initiative
- Jesse Jannetta, Senior Policy Fellow, Urban Institute
- Moderator Omar Passons, Director, County of San Diego Department of Integrative Services
Week 3 (October 21, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.)
Get to the Point – Connecting housing, entertainment, and public amenities in the Midway District
- Zach Adams, Vice President of Development, Brookfield Properties
- Dike Anyiwo, Vice Chair, Midway Pacific Highway Community Planning Group
- Peter Bryan, Vice President of Construction & Development, The Golden State Warriors
- Moderator Brian Mooney, Principal, Rick Engineering Company
Week 4 (October 28, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.)
Prejudice in Paradise – How discrimination has shaped our region and what we can do about it
- William Logan, Co-Owner, Verada Properties
- Stephen Russell, Executive Director, San Diego Housing Federation
- Jill Holslin, Visual Artist / Lecturer, San Diego State University
- Moderator Maya Srikrishnan, Reporter, Voice of San Diego
Thank you to our sponsors: