Free Workshop! Understanding and Utilizing New Markets Tax Credits in Your Business
Learn how at this workshop hosted by Civic San Diego.
This workshop is FREE; however, space is limited.
The Federal New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program can provide you with a significant source of equity for your project. Entrepreneurs and non-profits located in low-income communities can reduce borrowing costs for high impact projects that create jobs or provide community benefits. Learn how at this workshop hosted by Civic San Diego.
Click here to register!
Joanna Whitley Broussard, Portfolio Relationship Manager, Civic San Diego
Chris Hasle, Principal, United Fund Advisors
Maria Bustria-Glickman, Vice President, U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation
Paul Sullivan, Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, YMCA of San Diego County
What Participants Will Learn:
- How NMTCs work in a real estate development deal.
- How NMTCs work for a community business or non-profit to support operations.
- How to determine if your project is in a qualifying location and what are the required Community Benefits of a project.
- How a NMTC deal differs from a standard debt-financed transaction.
- How banks select and underwrite NMTC projects.
- How to identify investors for your project and how exactly they benefit.
- What assets can be financed and how the mix of uses and property types is important.
- The details of a case study – Financing of the Jackie Robinson Family YMCA.
Come and participate with our panel in an in-depth discussion about how the NMTC program is used by community development entities to fill the gap in financing for projects and businesses within target zones. Both nonprofit and for-profit developers can use this equity investment to provide financing that is otherwise not available from traditional capital sources. The funds can be used for a range of different projects including mixed-use, office, retail and health care.
For more information, e-mail Joanna Whitley Broussard with Civic San Diego at email@example.com.
Civic San Diego is a City of San Diego owned non-profit that is the entrepreneurial development partner for targeted urban neighborhoods in San Diego.